Comments : Off
If you have missing teeth in the Moreno Valley area, you already know how difficult it can make things. Whether because of an accident, natural decay or wear and tear over time, missing teeth results in fewer smiles, less food choices and reduced confidence in everyday life.
The only question is, what is the best solution for missing teeth in Moreno Valley, California? Let’s go over a few options and then break down our recommended one.
Missing Teeth Solutions
Many in the Riverside area are under the impression that dentures are the only option when it comes to missing teeth solutions, but this couldn’t be further from the truth. With advancements in dental technology and equipment, there are more (and better) options than ever before. Here are some of the most common solutions for missing teeth today:
- Bridges: For those with failing teeth or multiple missing teeth, the multiple implant treatment is an ideal option. It usually features two titanium screws/posts and an extended crown (also known as a “bridge”) that permanently covers the gap.
- Crowns: Whether because of an accident, disease or aging, you might just have one missing tooth. This can easily be replaced with a single screw, post and crown. It’s both convenient and permanent.
- Dentures: The traditional option is dentures, which are more affordable than some of these other options, but have lots of disadvantages and need to be replaced regularly.
- Dental implants: Whether you’re missing one tooth or both sets of arches, there is a dental implant solution for you. Dental implants have a 98 percent success rate on average and look and function just like natural teeth. Best of all? Procedures like full-arch implants can be completed in just one day!
Both dentists and satisfied clients recommend dental implants as the top option for replacing missing teeth in Moreno Valley, CA. Plus, there are different dental options available for your specific needs. Let’s dive deeper into dental implants and how they work.
How Dental Implants Work
Dental implants are the most-recommended solution for replacing both a single tooth and an extensive number of missing teeth (or looking for an alternative to dentures). But how do they work? Here are the main components of a dental implant:
- Titanium screw: Inserted into your jawbone and serves as a replacement for the root of your missing tooth.
- Small metal post: Also known as an abutment, it attaches to the titanium screw.
- Dental crown: Attaches to the abutment and serves as your prosthetic tooth/teeth.
If you’re interested in a dental implants consultation, contact us at North Heacock Dental Group today and we’ll answer your questions or schedule a time to meet.