Comments : Off
Residents of Moreno Valley, CA, lose teeth for a variety of reasons:
- Sometimes, it’s because of an accident.
- Other times, it’s caused by natural decay.
- Gum disease can play a part.
- Even failed dental procedures cause tooth loss.
Regardless of the cause, it’s a common problem for adults in the United States. According to the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIH), adults age 20 to 64 have an average of about 25 permanent teeth. Since the normal adult mouth has 32 healthy teeth, that means people lose an average of seven teeth before the age of 64!
These missing teeth can seriously impact the way you eat and interact with others in Southern California. They also can cause other teeth to shift and change your overall facial structure, causing wrinkles and more. That’s why it’s important to know whether you might need dental implants down the road.
Signs You Need Dental Implants
Obviously, if you have a gap in your smile, it’s a good sign that you need a dental implant. But what if you still have all your teeth? There are several symptoms of a need to replace an existing tooth (or you will have to replace one in the future). Here are just a few of them:
- Older adults
- Current smokers
- Those with few remaining teeth
- Cavities too large for fillings
- Severe periodontitis or gum disease
- Lingering toothaches
The best way to determine whether you need dental implants, however, is by visiting Drs. Reagan and Smith at the North Heacock Dental Group. We can analyze and evaluate your mouth condition and give you advice about next steps with dental implants (and whether you’re an ideal candidate or not).
Dental Implants Benefits
A missing tooth is no longer the end of the world. In fact, a missing tooth doesn’t have to affect your life at all if you have dental implants. Here are just a few of the benefits dental implants can provide to people in Moreno Valley, CA, and the surrounding areas:
- They look and feel just like your natural teeth.
- You can eat whatever you want
- You don’t have to do any special dental hygiene practices.
- They stimulate bone growth in your jaw
- They prevent other teeth from shifting
- They help preserve your facial structure
- They often give you a more youthful appearance
If you’d like to know more about dental implants and if they’re the right choice for you, call North Heacock Dental Group at (951) 247-7040 to schedule a consultation today!